HOW CAN A WEBSITE HELP YOU?
A website is an effective way to keep your family and friends informed of your health journey. In the time of sickness or disability, we understand that it’s difficult to keep everyone updated with the current state of health. Alleviate gives you the opportunity to store all your information, appointments and regular updates in the one place.
Alleviate offers you a free site with the ability to:
- Choose your own website name.
- Choose to publicly share it or keep it private for your selected audience.
- Add videos, photos and audio files.
- Display a google calendar which syncs with appointments, or can be entered manually.
- Allow visitors to your site to comment and send messages to you, or this function can be turned off.
- Set up a Go Fund Me account.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Eligible persons need to be referred by their doctor or a supporting organisation e.g. Cancer Council; Alzheimer’s Australia; Disability Services etc. This referral could be by a referral letter, email or phonecall.
- We will set up the website for you, and maintain it for you and you will just need to provide us with information and media, or you can maintain it yourself.
- You can appoint a carer, family members or friends to send the information on your behalf.
IDEAS FOR YOUR WEBSITE
- Your story
- Timeline of your life
- Inspirational articles or quotes that have helped you in your journey
- Appointment calendar
- Go Fund Me page
- Contact page
- Links to favourite sites
- Thank you page
- Links to videos
- Hobbies and recreational information
- Blog pages for yourself, your carer, family or friends
- Prayer needs